Friday, April 17, 2009

Jellybeans for breakfast

Hey, this is somewhat long but rather good--a going away speech by a Methodist preacher.
http://www.duncanumc.com/documents/05-11-08.pdf
A good reminder not to be a lone ranger, which I've fallen into again over the long, dark winter.

You find all sorts of good things while researching (letter of commendation+medieval) for a book. I hope to hit the 40,000 word mark today, so I better get back to work.

Quick cute-kid tidbit: I was trying to throw away some of the over-abundance of Easter candy, but Jett found it before the trash went out. He pulled a jelly bean out of the shoebox beside the trashcan.
"What this, Momma?"
"A jellybean, sweetie."
"Why?" (of course)
"It's candy. Sugar."
"Why?"
"For Easter."
"Why?"
"Uhh, to make people happy."
Points at mouth. "It make me happy, Momma?"
Note to self: take out trash quicker in the future...

3 comments:

Eric and Jessica said...

Yay for hitting the 40,000 word mark!
I'm sure that jelly bean did make him happy (for the moment).
Elijah found our hidden Easter candy and told me, "Mama, you brought chocolate back!"

Eric said...

I liked the article. I once almost had a spiritual adviser at Baylor but then I graduated. Never went after that since.

janie holtz said...

I love the easter candy story! And I love my favorite sister. So glad I found a way to peak into your life now and again!