I got the green light to start my next project on the house, so I am posting pictures of my last project, since I am now "done." (I may do up the inside of their closet and make a valance for the closet curtains, eventually.)
In the girl's room, I was originally going to do arctic animals in pajamas (like the storybook, God Gave Us You), so the wall colors are linden (blue), willow leaf (green), and violet evening (purple). The ceiling also is blue. However before I got around to doing anything other than painting the walls, I came across a coloring book with cute little fairy girls that looked like Kayleigh. I was inspired.
Here's what resulted:
First I free-hand drew the murals:
Then I painted:
(Thomas thinks this "during" shot portrays an odd skin condition.)
(don't these look like Kayleigh?)
Then I decided I needed new curtains to go with the bright colors:
Which inspired the border (which nearly killed me in the mathematical computations and meter-stick and pencil drudgery) but turned out nice:
My grandmother made the curtains and the dust ruffle on the crib (dollar bin fabric). I made the crib sheet. The nifty butterflies on the curtains were less than two dollars each at Hobby Lobby.
I had to buy the glitter paint for the wings and the glow-in-the-dark paint for the fireflies, but I had or mixed most of the other paint.
I painted the unicorn painting:
So, it was all pretty cheap. I did most of the painting during Jett's nap time, and it was fun.
I should do the boys' room next, but I'm not inspired yet. So, my next project is the bathroom. I get to buy a new vanity and sink! I'm so excited.