Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gratitude

I've had three people now suggest that I keep a record of things I'm grateful for, so I'm going to give it a try. I really like this quote from John Milton that I found on Ann Voskamp's Gratitude Community blog page: "Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendental moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." I think that's very true, so here goes...

I am grateful for:

1. Music and its mood-altering properties.
2. Calendars. I really love calendars.
3. English toffee-flavored instant cappuccino.
4. The ability to recheck library materials online.
5. Comfortable clothing.
6. Jewel-toned colors.
7. Hand-held yahtzee.
8. Trash can liners.
9. Lilac-scented air freshener.
10. Eavesdropping on a little boy's conversation with an imaginary friend.

No comments: