Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wooohoo!/ Poor Tired Kayleigh


I did it! I just used the telephone, all by myself, like a big girl! ;-)

In case anyone reading this doesn't know, I have a (self-diagnosed) phobia of calling anyone on the telephone.

Poor Kayleigh coughed herself to sleep last night, and then Emberlyn woke her up at 3:30, and I heard her singing the alphabet to herself for quite a while after I got Emberlyn back to sleep, so when she was fragile this morning and said she was too tired to go to school, I didn't argue. I just drove home and called her school to let them know she wouldn't be there.

I just picked up the phone and dialed. I didn't panic or rehearse for ten minutes what I needed to say, I just picked up the phone and took care of it! Giant pat on the back.

Sure, roll your eyes, but this was actually a big deal for me. :-)

3 comments:

Eric and Jessica said...

Yay! WooHoo!
I don't like making phone calls either and I hate phone trees. Mine may not be a phobia, but I understand your pain, and sense of accomplishment at making the phone call!

Eric said...

Yay, one day you might even be able to dial 10-11 digits to connect to our house ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it lost my post...

GOOD FOR YOU FOR MAKING THE CALL!!!

Rob worked in telecommunications for over 10 years and abhors calling people, and he would rather let me retrieve a voice mail than him pick up the phone even when he is standing righ by it.

I'll tell Rob you called. He'll cheer, too.